Heart to Heart Professional CPD
Heart to Heart is suitable for practitioners working closely with parents/carers of children/teens.
Practitioners can deliver this in 1:1, in groups or through a home-visiting model. Training is split across two approximate age ranges: 5-9 and 10-15 years.
Aims of the course
- A strong grounding in the latest attachment, neuroscience and child psychology research, and theory that underpins the model
- An understanding of the 10-week structure of a Heart-to-Heart intervention, including access to 6 weeks of sessions for each age range that can be adapted to suit the individuals you work with
- Participants will learn in an interactive space, with opportunities to experience sessions, as well as practice delivering activities in small groups
- Participants will be equipped with a range of drama, art, movement and play based activities to deliver in sessions, with a clear understanding of the rationale behind each game
- Participants will learn how to structure their own Heart-to-Heart sessions, offering games and activities that focus upon strengthening attachment,
managing stress, sharing developmental information, and developing resilience, suitable to their setting
- A range of pre and post outcome measures to support evaluation and commissioning requirements
- Access to a hub of research articles, videos and resources including example session plans so that you are ready to start offering Heart-to-Heart sessions on completion of the course!
Who is this course for?
This 2 day CPD accredited training weekend is suitable for practitioners working closely with parents and carers of children / teens; such as therapists, social workers, teaching and support staff, charity workers and family outreach workers.
When is this course?
Galway – 14 & 15 May Book Here
Galway – Oranmore
Galway – Linsey McNelis works mainly as a Play Therapist in Galway city. Ruth McDonagh works as a project worker for Barnardos in a family support project in Athlone and part time as a Play Therapist. They have always been interested in supporting the parents of the children they work with and when they first came across Big Toes Little Toes work in the form of Baby Bonding in 2012 they became hooked! They went on to study in the three Attachment programmes and found these to be invaluable in their work in strengthening the parent- child relationship.
Get the newsletter
We’d love to keep in touch. Sign up for our newsletter below.