Playful Parents Services for Schools
A relaxed series of workshops for a group of 6 – 8 parents commissioned by schools, social care teams, children’s centres or other organisations and help strengthen their relationship with their child.
This course is delivered over 8 sessions of 1.5 hours each per week, plus parent meetings at the start and end of the process.
An experienced Play & Creative Arts Therapist shares new skills, through playful activities, to empower parents and promote better mental health for both children and families
- To enhance parent’s natural abilities and allow their confidence to flourish
- To use experiential learning and feedback to promote positive parenting
- To empower parents by focusing on the existing strengths of their relationships whilst nurturing and improving their skills and strategies to understand and cope with all kinds of behaviours
- To provide opportunities for parents to notice their children, to understand their children’s needs, their motivations and get to know them as individuals
- To teach parents to see play as a vital learning tool
Who is this training for?
For parents of at least one child between 4 and 12 years.
This training is delivered in your school or at an external venue as arranged.
When is this course?
To find a Playful Parents course leader in your area, please visit our Register of Professionals.
Get the newsletter
We’d love to keep in touch. Sign up for our newsletter below.